CEREMONIES AND FEES
Imagine the most amazing wedding ceremony you can think of – one that represents your partnership in every way, and is created with a process that deepens your relationship and strengthens your bond as a couple.
It's easy to forget amidst all the hub-bub of preparing for a wedding, but the ceremony (and your connection) is actually the most important part of the whole day! My expertise is to get to know the two of you well, and to write the ceremony that tells your love story in the way that truly fits your style, so that at the end of the day you say to yourselves, "That is exactly what we wanted to experience." This looks different for every couple, and that's the joy of this process - getting to know you, discovering who the two of you are, and writing your ceremony so that it reflects you in every moment and in every little detail. The process of creating this kind of ceremony also deepens your relationship as you share your stories and connection with me, and by the time we stand together for the big day, I'll feel familiar to you, like meeting up with a new friend. To put it in a nutshell, a fully customized ceremony is really the ceremony of your dreams, and I love making that happen!
Complimentary phone, Skype or in-person chat: Let’s meet to get to know each other and envision what we'll create. We’ll talk about the kind of ceremony you'd like to have, your spiritual or non-spiritual preferences, and the overall style and “vibe” of it. I bring lots of ideas, and we’ll explore the many choices for ceremony elements that you might like to include. This is a fun, creative session, and will also help you decide if you'd like to work with me.
Here's what's included in a fully customized ceremony:
• Custom Ceremony Creation: This is where it gets really good! Once you decide to work with me, we meet to explore who you are individually, who you are together, what you envision for your shared life, and your spiritual or non-spiritual style. We might decide to have an over-arching theme for your wedding, add in readings or songs, have me tell your love story, give friends or family roles in your ceremony. We might also add in something like a rose ceremony or blessing bowl or hand fasting or wishing stones - just a few of many meaningful rituals to choose from in my big collection of ceremony ideas. Or, you might feel your style is to keep it very, very simple. We'll determine all of that together in our ceremony creation meeting and create the ceremony that has you saying at the end of your wedding day, "That was exactly what we wanted!"
• Vow-Writing Kit: My vow-writing kit gives you examples of vows to choose from, or if you want to write your own vows from scratch, it guides you step-by-step to write them authentically and from your heart.
• My Signature 4-Step Wedding Prep: I've officiated for hundreds of couples, and over the years I've developed a 4-Step Wedding Prep process to help you stay connected to one another, and in line with what you really want as you navigate all the big decisions, family politics and tremendous amount of time spent on planning in the months before your ceremony. The 4-Step Wedding Prep is easy, fun and gives you skills to beautifully navigate all of this together while deepening your bond. And guess what - these same skills are foundational for your married life to come!
• Officiation: I officiate your ceremony, with arrival one hour before your ceremony to help with any processional and ceremony details, to facilitate any day-of rehearsing, and to generally be present as a support.
• I am always available by phone or email to answer any questions.
• Extra perk: Once I work with a couple, I consider myself available as your "family minister". This means that I give you ongoing no-charge access to my weekly office hours for spiritual support by phone should you ever need it (more on my office hours and spiritual support here). I will also know you well, so you can have me officiate home blessings, baby blessings, and any other spiritually meaningful life passages in the years to come.
• More perks: I love to help my couples feel more calm and relaxed before the big event. If you want, I will do a pre-ceremony meditation with you that helps you stay focused on what matters most - your love. I can also help with strategies for the days just before the wedding to keep from getting emotionally bounced around by the many external forces (family, logistics, etc). I offer this at no extra charge for all of my custom ceremony couples, if this is a kind of support that you would like.
You can visit my Photo Stories page here to see slideshow stories of wedding ceremonies that I've officiated, from start to finish. It's a great way to see exactly what happens during a wedding ceremony and to get a sense of my style too!
~*~*~*~*~*~ PRICING ~*~*~*~*~*~
When it comes down to it, your ceremony IS the wedding, and my commitment is to ensure that it is the most meaningful and fabulous experience you can have. Couples who work with me usually value the ceremony as the most important part of their day, and they value staying truly connected to one another as the most important part of their entire wedding experience - on the day of and in the months before. All of the other stuff is of course important and fun, but when you get right down to it, the moment I'm standing up there with you, your vows made, your rings exchanged, and you're looking deeply into each others' eyes as I pronounce you married - THAT is what it's all about! The meaning that we create before and during the ceremony, the stories that we share about the two of you and the special little rituals that we do that fit your personality as a couple - that is what makes your wedding, and the months leading up to it, a peak moment in your relationship that you'll remember and cherish for the rest of your lives.
My ceremony fees reflect the fact that I put many hours of time and thought into the creation of a customized ceremony, and that ministry & officiation are my full-time occupation, so when you sign on as one of my couples, you have my full focus. $975 is my standard charge for a ceremony as described in the "custom ceremonies" section above, including 4-Step Wedding Prep, our meetings, creation of a ceremony script that is everything that you want, officiation on the day-of, and also any day-of rehearsing.
If your wedding site is farther than 30 miles from my home base, then that can add a travel charge. Also, most couples nowadays don't need the help of an officiant at their separate-day rehearsal (because venue coordinators are great at this and/or the processional is so simple that I can easily take 15 minutes to walk your wedding party through it an hour before the ceremony), but if having me there on a separate day is important to you, that is also an option for an additional fee. When we talk, I'll get all the details and give you a final quote!
To chat about your ceremony, you can contact me at 303-842-4321 or fill out the form below to send a message. After that, we'll talk on the phone, Skype or in-person. Looking forward to getting to know you!