HIGHLY PERSONALIZED, CUSTOM WEDDING CEREMONY
Imagine the most amazing wedding ceremony that you can think of - one that represents your partnership in every way, and is created with a process that deepens your relationship and strengthens your bond as a couple.
There's an opportunity that is easy to skip over amidst all of the hustle and bustle (and expense!) of planning your wedding, and that's the opportunity to be guided in a ceremony-creation process that deepens your relationship and strengthens your bond as a couple. This process produces a ceremony that not only gets the job done, but elevates your partnership and life plan to a new depth of intimacy and vision. All that in a little ceremony?! Yes! In fact, it's the reason I love ceremony so much - because it not only marks a quintessential moment in time when you step from one chapter into another, it also provides the opportunity to know yourselves and your plan for your shared life even better than before. This ceremony experience is not only highly personal, it also gives so much meaning before, during and after your wedding day.
Complimentary phone or in-person chat: If you’re considering a custom ceremony, let’s meet in person (or by phone if you prefer) to get to know each other and envision what we'll create. We’ll talk about the kind of ceremony you'd like to have, your spiritual or non-spiritual preferences, and the overall style and “vibe” of it. I’ll also bring some ideas from other custom ceremonies to jog your ideas and we’ll explore the many choices for ceremony elements that you might like to include. This is a fun, creative session, and will also help you decide if you'd like to work with me.
Pricing: The fee for a custom ceremony ranges from $500 to $825, and is different for every couple based on what you'd like to cook up together! I put many hours of time and thought into the creation of a custom ceremony so that it is a beautiful experience completely tailored to your personality as a couple, and so that you will fondly remember it for the rest of your lives. When you think about it, your ceremony really is the most important part of the wedding - when it comes down to it, it is the wedding. My job and commitment is to ensure that it is the most meaningful and fabulous experience you can have. When we chat, we can decide how to incorporate the elements that you'd like, and in a way that best fits your budget. In addition, a travel fee applies for any location 30 miles beyond my Boulder, CO home base.
Here's what included in your custom ceremony:
• Ceremony Creation: This is where it gets really good! We meet to explore what to represent about the two of you - who you are individually, who you are together, what you envision for your shared life, and your spiritual or non-spiritual style. We might do any of the following - decide to have an over-arching theme for your wedding, add in readings or songs, have me tell your love story, give friends or family roles in your ceremony. We might also add in something like a rose ceremony or a blessing bowl or hand fasting or wishing stones - just a few of many meaningful rituals to choose from in my big book of ceremony ideas. The result is your very own one-of-a-kind ceremony and a deeper connection to each other and your wedding day.
• Vow-writing: I can either give you examples of vows to choose from, or if you want to write your own vows, I'll work with each of you to write them in such a way that you deepen what you feel for your partner and what you desire for your marriage. We then discover your style for expressing this authentically and from your true heart.
• Officiation of your ceremony on the day of your wedding, with arrival one hour before your ceremony to help with any processional and ceremony details, and to generally be present as a support.
• I file your marriage license for you!
• I am always available by phone or email to answer any questions.
• Extra perk: Once I work with a couple, I consider myself available as your "family minister", and I can be a part of your meaningful life milestones for years to come if you like. You can have me come for home blessings or baby blessings, and on top of that, I also give you ongoing no-charge access to my weekly office hours for spiritual support by phone should you ever need it in the years to come. Visit my coaching page to learn more about this ongoing access.
• More perks: I also love to help my couples feel more calm and relaxed before the big event. I've learned lots of tools for this from my many years of spiritual training. For instance, if you want, I will come and do a pre-ceremony centering meditation with one or both of you so that, even amidst all of the hustle and bustle, you are in the state of mind and heart that you've specifically envisioned for your day. I also am happy to help you create a strategy for the days before the wedding that will help you stay centered in what matters most, rather than getting bounced around by the many external forces that can distract you as the wedding approaches. I offer this at no extra charge for all of my custom ceremony couples, if this is a kind of support that you would like.
Some couples also want the following, just let me know!
• Marriage Education Sessions: A series of three 75-minute in-person sessions, this is the modern-day version of old-school pre-marital counseling. Rather than counsel you, I simply provide you with great tools to identify your similarities and differences, and the areas in your relationship that could benefit from deeper conversation, then I coach you by asking powerful questions to help you create even more clarity and connection between the two of you. I also help you to clearly identify your goals and dreams as a couple, and to explore any big questions that you might have around them. Marriage education sessions are $425 for three sessions.
• Spiritual & Life Coaching: I'm available for this kind of support, should you want it, any time before your wedding. Because a wedding is one of life's most important milestones, questions about your life direction or relationship with something larger may come up. I guide you in looking deeply to find your own answers within. You may also be excited to coach about moving forward in your life together, and putting your dreams into motion. I had a life coaching practice before I became a minister, and I love putting this skill to work with couples! Spiritual and life coaching is charged with an hourly fee.
To chat about the ceremony experience you want to create, you can contact me at 303-842-4321 or fill out the form below to send a message. After that, we'll meet in person or on the phone to begin envisioning and see if we're a fit. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Much love, Lisa